Return to the Land of the Rising Sun

5:03 PM ispeakitboldly 0 Comments

If I sit around too long I get antsy. I need to be moving and seeing new things or I’m bored. I’m back in Japan now after spending the 4th of July on a plane. I’m not complaining though as I chose this day on purpose for easier standby traveling. I was rewarded with my great sacrifice by getting first class to Los Angeles and then business class to Tokyo. Wide seats - or even better the ones that lie down completely - make traveling much more enjoyable. I would strongly recommend it. I was hoping to take the train to downtown Tokyo while I wait for my flight to Okinawa, but they wouldn't let me check in until three hours before the flight and I didn’t feel like lugging my luggage with me all over the place. 
I bought some Asian airport food for dinner (some type of fish, rice, and seaweed box) and then got on my last flight to Naha. I slept again - so I was three for three on plane rides - and woke up right as we landed. I got off and even at 10 pm it was a sauna outside. Even in the airport it felt warm and muggy. My friends picked me up and we spent the hour long ride catching up and it really didn’t feel like it had been two years since I had seen them. I find that to be one of the interesting things about relationships. You can not see someone for quite a while and if you’re close to them continue as if it was just yesterday when you had last hung out. 

We had good old McDonald’s for a meal on the way home. It also amazes me whether you are in the middle of Okinawa or Paris or Peachtree City, Georgia the fries and burgers are exactly the same. Reuniting with Colbie - the Shins’ German Shepherd - was a lot of fun. She’s such an energetic dog and it seems she didn’t forget me either. I passed out on the couch with her amazingly still tired after sleeping all day yesterday. But then I woke up around 5 am and couldn’t get back to sleep. 

0 comments :