Why Blog?

2:31 PM ispeakitboldly 0 Comments


“I want to write, but more than that, I want to bring out all kinds of things that lie buried deep in my heart.”  Anne Frank

How be it that ye have not written this thing?”  3 Nephi 23:11


I have wanted to start a blog for a long time now. A few years back I had one and wrote a few posts. However, life happened and I let it slip down my list of priorities to the point where I just stopped updating it. Similarly, I have allowed various activities to keep me from even starting one again. Even though it is something I really want to do, I haven’t made the personal commitment to sit down and start writing. Starting today that will change. I want to permanently record what I have learned and what I have experienced. I have many thoughts I want to share with others. I believe we all have a responsibility to share our lives and lessons learned with those we love and come into contact with. I recently read an article about consuming versus creating, and how we are meant to be creators and should spend a majority of our time - approximately 75% - on creative activities as opposed to simply consuming content - even if it’s uplifting. I know that each of us has the ability to create and, in our own way, make the world a better place. I will attempt to do this through my writings. 
My blog will primarily focus on questions and answers or insights I have regarding my personal study of the gospel of Jesus Christ, my opinions of US and world politics, notes on books that I read, and finally the many adventures I will have in the months and years ahead. I believe there will be enough variety to appeal to most, if not all, of those who come across this site. The name of my blog comes from a verse in the Book of Mormon where one of the prophets states “I speak it boldly” with regards to some hard doctrine most people did not want to hear. I have taken this theme as I will not hold back what is on my mind, or soften truth, simply to appease everyone who may come across my writings. Some may vehemently disagree with what I have to say. I will not apologize now or then for what I say unless I learn I was mistaken. With that said, know that nothing I will write is meant to be controversial or harmful, my purpose is simply to share what I believe to be true. 

I hope you enjoy what follows. 

0 comments :